CRITICAL ISSUES FOR THE HEALTHCARE SECTOR
AVAILABILITY OF DEVICES AND EQUIPMENT
- Trouble and time wasted when medical and nursing staff have to hunt for available machinery
- Inability to trace the last use of a device
- Greater risks for patients in urgent cases
AWARENESS AND MONITORING OF THE USAGE STATUS AND FUNCTIONING OF DEVICES AND EQUIPMENT
- Difficulties in monitoring the fleet of machinery
- Delays in maintenance
- Needless expansion of the fleet of machinery
ORCHESTRATING THE ACTIVITIES OF THE PARTICIPANTS IN VARIOUS PROCESSES
(patients, doctors, nurses, support staff, maintenance employees)
- Inefficient personnel management
- Increased time spent waiting, longer operations and longer patient stays
- Negative effect on patient satisfaction
COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATIONS
- Lack of automatic procedures to verify that procedures are properly performed
- Failure to comply with regulations needed to minimise the risk of errors
VISIBILITY INTO AREAS OF INEFFICIENCY
- Difficulty identifying opportunities for improvement (e.g., causes of wait times, errors in procedures, excessive workloads)
- Lack of the detailed historical data and reports that management needs to perform analysis
HOW TO TACKLE CRITICAL ISSUES? RTLS HAS THE ANSWER
Systems to locate and track people and assets (RTLS) are revolutionising the hospital sector, since they contribute significantly to resolving critical issues and inefficiencies.
All this can be achieved while minimising impacts on the existing infrastructure and re-using communications gear that is already available that can be integrated with the latest technologies (for example, simple infrared sensors at entrances to rooms and departments).
Every hospital facility that is striving to maximise efficiency, from the largest to the smallest, needs integrated solutions to monitor operational procedures and to manage personnel, patients and equipment effectively.
Taking advantage of the potentials of cloud computing and the ‘Internet of Things’, combined with technologies like RFID, WiFi, BLE and UWB, the RTLS suite from Ubiquicom allows you to take the best route towards digitising the entire hospital facility.